First Aid at Work Requalification Course
Level 3 - National Qualification Framework
Scheduled Courses & On-site Training available
- A First Aider can renew their First Aid at Work qualification by attending a 2-day requalification course without question, if it’s within 1 month past the expiry date
- If the First Aider has lapsed by more than 1 month, but no longer than 3 months, then the First Aider can requalify by attending a 2-day course providing ‘Special considerations’ have been applied
- A signed letter from the employer to the provider of the training stating the reasons why in their opinion, the First Aider is suitably experienced to attend a 2-day course and does not require a full 3-day FAW course
- A decision is made by the provider of the training after discussions with the employer, or the First Aider, and deciding that their previous experience is sufficient to attend a 2-day course
- If the First Aider has lapsed beyond 3 months then they must attend a full 3-day First Aid at Work course
Legalities, responsibilities and reporting
Dealing with an unresponsive casualty
Fractures and spinal injuries
Control of bleeding
Assessment of the situation
Shock (including Anaphylaxis)
Sprains and strains
2 DAY – CLASSROOM BASED
This course runs over a minimum of twelve contact hours in the classroom, consisting of practical and theoretical activities. Also available via other methods of delivery.
2 DAY – AT YOUR PREMISES
We are able to deliver this course on your site, subject to a pre-course assessment of your premises, reducing your costs in respect of additional time out and travelling.
EVENINGS, WEEKENDS etc
If you need to gain the 2 Day qualification, but cannot spare 2 days together, we offer courses over evenings, weekends and can usually accommodate your needs. Get in touch to discuss.