To provide a further understanding of basic first aid, and promote the children’s confidence in the use of their first aid skills. The syllabus will include revision and reinforcement of the “Mini medics first aid and defibrillation for children” in addition to the introduction of further first aid skills. The course will be broken down into separate units to increase the practical time for each learner.
A revision of:
- DRS ABC (danger, response, shout, airway, breathing, CPR)
- Calling an ambulance
- Recovery position
- Broken bones, sprains and strains.
- Further medical conditions including sepsis, meningitis, epilepsy, anaphylaxis.
To discover how the body works including:
- The heart and lungs, how they work together, the different types of blood vessels and what they do.
- Our bones, muscles, tendons and ligaments.
This is a non-regulated qualification and attendance is all that is required. Optional test/quizzes are available in the form of a worksheet if required.
A certificate of attendance is included with the Super Medics® course.
Course Dates & Times
The course runs over 5 weeks from Tuesday, 26th February 2019